Training programme: Citizens on the Move
A hands-on course for civil servants to engage with citizens on mobility topics
This project is part of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Urban Mobility network, which aims to bring together consortia of cities, NGOs, academic institutions and/or commercial partners to initiate projects that engage people on the topics of urban mobility and public realm.
About this process
This process belongs to Training programmes
Citizens on the Move is a newly developed training programme to boost the capacities of city governments to engage with their citizens and other stakeholders on the sustainable mobility transition.
The training programme will introduce civil servants to relevant methodologies and techniques to:
- Effectively communicate with citizens about urban mobility concepts in order to facilitate public acceptance and behaviour change;
- Design and implement engagement activities such as co-creation workshops to develop urban mobility ideas and solutions together with citizens;
- Evaluate the deployment of novel urban mobility solutions (e.g., city pilots) from a user and citizen perspective.
Timeline and format:
All modules will be taught in English
Who is this programme for?
Civil servants who work on the topic of urban mobility (e.g., mobility departments, EU project offices, smart city departments, etc.)
For this first edition, professionals working for public authorities in countries covered by the Regional Innovation Scheme are eligible to participate:
- EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia
- Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye, Ukraine
- Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain)
Participants will be expected to:
- Propose a case study from their own city (i.e., a mobility project where they would like to engage with citizens)
- Actively participate in the four online modules, including a final presentation of their case study
- Attend the in-person site visit in Rotterdam
The Fall 2023 programme is being offered free-of-cost including a travel stipend for participants within the EIT Urban Mobility RIS community (EIT Urban Mobility partners/Leading Cities and invitees from RIS Hubs).
The normal programme fee is 1.200 Euros, with scholarships available for participants through a competitive application.
The application period for 2023 has closed. Professionals interested in participating in future editions may contact email@example.com to stay informed.